Internal Audit is a company organ that acts as an appraiser and evaluator of the Company management. The Internal Audit provides input and recommendations in case of performance discrepancy against the prevailing regulations. The Internal Audit has the main function and responsibility to ensure and assist the Company’s management on the implementation of corporate governance, the effectiveness of risk management process and internal control to ensure the optimal implementation of the governance practices.
The internal audit function and responsibility must be carried out independently, professionally, and objectively so as to increase value and improve the operations of the Company.
The Company's Internal Audit was established pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Regulation No.56/POjk.04/2015 concerning the Establishment and Guidelines for Preparing the Internal Audit Unit Charter.
Internal Audit Head Profile
Anggih Surya Birawa
|Period of Service||3 (three) years|
|Appointment Basis||Board of Director Decree No.AAID/SK-DU/01-2023/001 dated 10 January 2023|
|Educational Background||He completed his Bachelor of Accounting from the Faculty of Economics, Sriwijaya University (2012). He graduated with a Master of Management Information System (2021) from Bina Nusantara University.|
|Professional Experience||He started his career as a Junior Auditor at Mazars Indonesia (2012 - 2014), continued his career as a Senior Auditor at Moores Rowland Indonesia from 2014 to 2015. He also had a career in various companies including PT Citilink Indonesia from 2015 to 2019 with his last position as Internal Audit Manager and PT Trakindo Utama.|
POSITION OF INTERNAL AUDIT DIVISION AT THE COMPANY
Internal Audit Charter
As a guideline to implement its authorities, duties and responsibilities of Internal Audit competently and independently, the Company has issued Internal Audit Charter.
The Internal Audit Charter has been ratified by President Director, based on the Board of Directors Decree No. AAID/ CEO-CORSEC/8-2018/017 dated 29 August 2018.
Internal Audit Division Resources
As of 31 December 2022, the Internal Audit Division comprised of 2 Auditors.
Internal Audit Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop and implement annual Internal Audit plan;
- Analyse and evaluate the implementation of internal control and risk management system in accordance with the Company policy;
- Conduct audit and assessment of efficiency and effectiveness in finance, accounting, operation, human capital, marketing, information technology and other activities;
- Provide suggestion for improvements and objective information on the audited activities at all levels of management;
- Draw up report of the audit result and submit the report to the President Director and the Board of Commissioners;
- Monitor, analyse and report the implementation of recommended improvements;
- Cooperate with the Audit Committee;
- Develop program to evaluate the quality of internal audit activities; and
- Conduct special audit if necessary.
Internal Audit Activities In 2022
In 2022, the Internal Audit has carried out the following duties and responsibilities.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of AirAsia’s internal control system, so as to provide reasonable assurance to company that the systems continue to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Assess auditable areas by selecting and reviewing the risk exposure in the station/branch and determine the priority.
- Review auditable areas by assessing the level of risk exposure in the financial profile, availability of risk profile, existing control and detection activities; and monitoring of such areas.
- Review the adequacy of information technology insupporting company activities risk exposure on the strategic, integrity and information, financial, safety and security, operation and technology as well as external risks.