The Internal Audit has the main function and responsibility to ensure and assist the Company’s management on the implementation of corporate governance, the effectiveness of risk management process and internal control to ensure the optimal implementation of the governance practices.
The audit internal function and responsibility shall be carried out with independently, professionally and objectively which is aimed to increase value and improve the operations of the Company.
Pursuant to the Financial Services Authority Regulation No. 56/ POjk.04/2015 on the Establishment and Guidelines for Internal Audit Charter, the Company has established the Internal Audit.
Structure on Internal Audit Division within the Company
Internal Audit Charter
The Company has in place the Internal Audit Charter as a guideline to implement the authority, duties and responsibilities of Internal Audit with competence and independency.
The Internal Audit Charter has been ratified by President Director, based on the Decree of the Board of Directors No. AAID/CEO-CORSEC/8-2018/017 date 29 August 2018.
Resources of Internal Audit Division
As of 31 December 2021, the Internal Audit Division comprises 4 members, led by 1 head of Internal Audit Division being appointed and dismissed by the President Director with 3 members of Auditors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the annual Internal Audit plan;
- Analyse and evaluate the implementation of internal control and risk management system in accordance with the company policy;
- Conduct audit and assessment of efficiency and effectiveness in finance, accounting, operation, human resources, marketing, information technology and other activities;
- Provide suggestion for improvements and objective information on the audited activities at all levels of management;
- Make a report of the audit result and submit the report to the President Director and the Board of Commissioners;
- Monitor, analyse and report the implementation of recommended improvements;
- Cooperate with the Audit Committee;
- Develop a program to evaluate the quality of internal audit activities; and
- Conduct special audit if necessary.
Internal Audit Activities in 2021
In 2021, the Internal Audit Division has performed the related duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Internal Audit function is to review the adequacy and effectiveness of AirAsia’s internal control system, so as to provide reasonable assurance that the systems continue to operate efficiently and effectively.
- The auditable areas are selected by assessing the risk exposure in terms of the volume of cash collection at stations, revenue leakages and frequency of audit visits.
- The auditable areas are selected by assessing the level of risk exposure in the financial profile, availability of risk profile, existing control and detection activities; and monitoring of such areas.
- The Information Technology auditable areas are selected by assessing the risk exposure on the strategic, integrity and information, financial, safety and security, operation and technology as well as external risks.as a guideline to undertake the authority, duties and responsibilities.